While April may not seem the perfect soup season, being in lock down does make soup a useful meal as one works through their stores. This recipe grew out of precisely that scenario.
- Sweetcorn 375 ml / approx 1 1/2 cups (frozen or fresh kernels)
- Cheddar Cheese 100 g/ 3 1/2 ounces (mature)
- Vegetable Stock Cubes 2
- Ground Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp
- Milk 250 ml / approx 1 cup
- Water 1 to 1 1/4 litres (quarts)
In a soup pot: Pour the water and milk into pot and bring to a point just before a boil. Add the corn, pepper, and stock cubes. Stir and then cover. Cook on a high simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes. In the meantime grate the cheese. When time has elapsed, remove lid and stir in the cheese. Blitz until smooth (or to desired chunkier texture).
In a soup maker: Add all ingredients except the cheese, and set for one cycle [mine is 28 minutes]. Grate the cheese while waiting. When the cycle is complete add the cheese, and pulse until smooth.